Are you the one wanderlust soul who gets travelgasms from the mountains and funky, artsy places gets you grooving to its aura? Then you landed at the right platform because we have computed a list of 30 Most heart-stopping aesthetically pleasant places to explore if you’re planning a holiday to America with your spouse by keeping your woes taken long back.
Here is the list of top 30 states in the USA having the most artistic spots that are inviting the Picasso hidden deep down in your nerves:
27. Indianapolis, Indiana: Often known as Indy, this place is the third most populated places in the USA. Despite having a lot of heads in the state, it never fails to impress its tourists with its scenic beauty and funky old art museums. The Landmark Keystone Art Cinema is one of the most fun theater which is a delight for all art lovers as it screens quality art films and is a must visit for all the travel heads. Besides that, Indiana State Museum, Harrison Art Gallery and Indianapolis Museum of Art are the top hotspot destinations for all tourists who are exploring an exquisite gallery.
26. Baltimore, Maryland: The country which was famous for its seaport antiquities have emerged as a beautiful niche picturesque town in America due to its quirky graffiti and fine art crafty museums. We just can’t ignore its stellar contributions in the line of artsy museums and galleries. Baltimore Museum of art is ranked amongst the top places to visit for all art lovers. Other top art museums acing the list are- American Visionary Art Museum, Walters Art Museum, and Evergreen house. And if you are a huge graffiti fan and love to draw on walls, then you must visit Graffiti Alley. Besides all, this place is also famous for all its Gastropubs and music venues, as people here really love to chill in style with erotic surroundings. Famous clubs to hang out with your friends or bae are- The Windup Space and Bromo Saltzer art tower.
Honolulu, Hawaii: Fond of Beaches and Bitches? Voila! Hawai is the one-stop destination for all the art, culture and beauty preachers. With its artful and aesthetic nature, this place has drool-worthy events in its court starting from Bollywood Film Festivals to Community Art Centres. And if you’re a tattoo fan, this place is the zion for you with having over thousands of tattoo artists having their base their Hawai; they would definitely embark on you a memory of a lifetime with sassy tattoos and crazy arts. But yes, don’t forget to purchase that Hawai t-shirt when you visit that place.
Madison, Wisconsin: Gracing the tag of one of the most populous municipality, the city is known for its fine taste in music and art culture. With a bucket full of museums in its court, the city is famous because of its art festival that happens in the square annually organized by Madison museum of contemporary art. Madison is the hub of Art galleries, operas, studios and other art-related organizations. The famous hotspots of the city include- Wisconsin Historical Society, UW- Madison’s Chazen Museum of art and the Madison Symphony Orchestra. Also, the major highlight of the city is their massive support to LGBTQA festival and queer communities.
Des Moines, Iowa: The Des Moines Art Center is prominent for its Pappajohn Sculpture Park and à la mode masterpieces. Local produce and live music are draws at the Downtown Farmers’ Market. The place is a paradise for all food lovers as they can easily spot picturesque cafes and tempting food everywhere, the aroma of which is irresistible. The art trend in Greater Des Moines is thriving with free access to the Sculpture Park, galleries and public murals. The city has started with the Free art movement too where all the art lovers and pay a visit, interact with all the fantastic artists and take home a masterpiece for free, every Friday. Fridays can’t be more blissful than this for alt preachers, huh?
Savannah, Georgia: There’s something in the air of Savannah that is so architectural and magical that a person gets lost in its bounty. Savannah is a place where a person can plan a trip throughout the year without giving a second thought. The place shines bright with its music and art festivals, art exhibitions and jaw-dropping architectural sightings. There are almost 47 art and unusual museums in Georgia to visit for tourists and explore unique citings, some of them even offering free entry. Bang on! It’s a turn on for all
those running on a low budget trip.
Lafayette, Louisiana: It is the city of homegrown talent and lip-smacking seafood cuisine. The city portrays both traditional and Cajun and Zydeco contemporary self-taught performers. This city offers a very family friendly environment and a ray of museums reflecting every facet history and depicting scenes of the early twentieth century in an artistic style. There’s also a lot of craze for glitzy musical nights and theatre life in Louisiana. The very famous Paul and Lulu Hilliard University Art Museum also provides its visitors a touch of folk art & Japanese prints by the artist Henry Botkin.
Cambridge, Massachusetts: Massachusetts the home of world’s elite universities- Harvard University and MIT, the place has a captivating force for the students with opulent bookstores, cafes, and bars to hang out and chill. The Harvard art museum, MIT Museum, and Longfellow House – Washington’s Headquarters National Historic Site are the must-visits of the town which highlights the majestic collection of paintings, Arts, sculptures and pictures starting from Middle age to present. If you are planning a chill night with your spouse, take a pint of beer and scroll down to the streets of Harvard Square. Other cool places to visit and get your artistic soul on fire are- Peabody Museum of Archaeology and Ethnology, Cafe ArtScience, Bondir Cambridge, Sanders Theatre and many more.
Boulder, Colorado: The city located at the foothills of Rocky Mountains is a hub of many art galleries and cafes. Boulder is a perfect place if you want to take back some good handmade gifts for your relatives after the trip as the city is full of gifts shops all having handmade goods from local artists. Boulder Arts and Crafts Co-op is one such destination for you all if you are finding some really fresh and creative handmade products at reasonable prices. Besides that, the city is known for its fun-loving air where you can hang out in any season, one such place is the Pearl Street, which is also known as the soul of the boulder where you can hover around and shop with historic storefronts and brunch in an excellent dining restaurant with your pals. Boulder Dushanbe Teahouse is one of the most beautiful teahouses you must have ever seen, made with the utmost dedication of artists with each and every detailing kept in mind. It’s a very peaceful place to sit and calm down your horses.
Edmond, Oklahoma: The city of Edmond is filled with damn amazing sculptures and public art. You can check out world-class music and dance in the mesmerizing Armstrong Auditorium where you can find classical, jazz, theater to folk, classical ballet everything. The city is also famous for its annual events like the Annual arts festival which has almost completed 40 years and that event is a must visit if you’re planning to visit the city in May. Other standouts of the town are The graceful Destiny, Unfolding star, Kinetic air on N. University and many more to explore.
Minot, North Dakota: Minot, the city famous for its Air force Base and Aviation history but also if you want to experience some real beauty of art then you must definitely take a look at the Taube Museum of Art, Dakota Territory Air Museum, Northwest Arts Center and Magic city Discovery Center. The city also offers the visitors a Car racing track to experience the memory of a lifetime at the Magic City International Dragway and Nodak Speedway. The city also provides some really parky eateries and pubs to enjoy a night full of madness and fun with your gang. The best of them are Ebeneezer’s Eatery and Irish Pub, Souris River Brewing, and the grand hotel.
Quincy, Illinois: Quincy the “Gem City” of Illinois located on the Mississippi River is a very famous artistic place where you can find people enjoying Children and Adult art parties great for birthdays where they even set the theme of the party artistically, isn’t that cool? Public Thirsty Palette Adult Painting Parties, Adult Down & Dirty Ceramic Parties, Private Paint Your Own Pottery Parties and other unconventional offbeat parties are a common sight in Quincy. If you are a tattoo aficionado, then this place can offer you some really cool options to ink your skin in your favorite style. Some best tattoo parlors of the city include Loyal to the None Art studio, Threshold of the pain tattoo shop, Sinners and Saints and Pleasurable pain tattooing. Also, the town is blessed with some funky art galleries to Gallery Solaro, The budding artist, and Villa Catherine.
15.Ann Arbor, Michigan: Not just holding the University of our pipe dream, The University of Michigan. The University of Michigan Museum of Art portrays work from around the globe and also the city organizes kid-friendly exhibitions. So if you see your child becoming the next thing happening in science, you ought to take them to such science-related Museums in the city. The very famous and tourist family museums and art galleries for the people of all ages with fun activities and entertaining stuff with a touch of useful knowledge in the city are: Kelsey Museum of Archaeology, Ann Arbor Hands-on Museum, University of Michigan Museum of Natural History and Ann Arbor Street Air Fair Inc. If you are a lover of street Art and loves to appreciate local talent and want a really cool insta feed by making your chams jealous, then you must definitely visit the Graffiti Alley art center, and we bet you’d definitely love the messages and art written over there!
- Ojai, California: Ojai is a small town in California, unlike the Glitz and glam life of the city. The city is set in the valley with village-like houses and old school art galleries. You can find here beautiful and vintage antiquities. You can find their many art piece dealers, but they possess a bit higher prices. But it’s okay if you’re looking for a luxe and quality piece of the home. Some of the favorite art galleries of the tourists stand out to be- Ojai Valley Museum, Human Arts Gallery, Nomad Gallery, Porch Gallery Ojai, Galerie 102 and Beatrice Wood Centre for the arts. Also If you’re planning a fun weekend getaway with loads of music and exciting things to try on, you must try Ojai California, United States Music Festival and Valley View Preserve and buy some fun wine and chill hard.
- Saugatuck- Douglas, Michigan: Saugatuck is a small lown town of Michigan where culture and art play an important role. The city is filled with baroque art galleries, and the artists here breathe imagination in everything you do. A delight for all looking for creative home decor and giving an aesthetic touch to your routine life must visit this place. The best art galleries of Saugatuck to find your inspiration are- Blue Coast Artists, Amazwi Contemporary Art, Armstrong-De Graaf International Fine Art, LaFonstee Galleries and J Peter Galleries.
12.Beacon, New York: The premium art city of the USA, NYC is the heart of America. The very fancy Museum of Modern Art which has good sculptural arts for a bit of zen atmosphere and relaxed atmosphere with great works of art. Huge collection of art & artifacts housed in amazing buildings include the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Whitney Museum of American Art, The Frick Collection, the Cloisters and many more listed below:
- Asheville: The city is known for its historic architecture and vibrant art scenes. The very fashionable being the Basilica of Saint Lawrence.
The Downtown Art District is filled with galleries and museums, and in the nearby River Arts District, former factory buildings house artists’ studios. If you are a paranormal fan and love to witness mysterious places then definitely visit the Ghost Walk in Asheville. Other attractions of the city for the art lovers include- Folk Art Center, Grovewood Village, Smith- McDowell House Museum and many more listed down:
- Atlanta: Atlanta the city that made its name for Entrepreneurship and startups has so many places of artistic excellence made to encourage the budding artists and portray their talents to people. Some of the sites of this city have air full of art and creativity with breathtaking, innovative museums, Art centers, and trails. The famous Instagram worthy locations being the Atlanta Beltline Eastside trail, High Museum of Art, Callanwolde fine arts center, the goat farms art center, the young blood boutique and many more mentioned below:
- Seattle: The Futuristic city of Washington, not just this beautiful city is confined to the tech industry and headquarters of Amazon and Microsoft, Seattle has been a regional center of performing arts for quite a few years. Seattle has been home to many of the renowned International artists. The city has some wonderful artistic places of Native American Art and Well-Curated Exhibits. The Seattle Arts Museum, Chihuly garden and glass, Olympic sculpture park, The hideout, The Seattle Asian art museum are worth strolling through for hours and have great coverage of Art Deco Architecture.
- LA: This Hollywood Fame Southern Californian City, which is home to many oofy celebrities and luxury studios has a very happening nightlife. We can spot here the wall of fame with many hawkers selling out the maps of our favorite celebs homes, here if you’re lucky you can anytime bump into your favorite actor or youtuber. But not just the swalla beats or the Kardashians make the city popular but also the town is famous for its high art and heritage. The Los Angeles County Museum of Art is one hell of a place where you can just sit, dream and even work, as it provides free Wifi to its visitors. The J. Paul Getty Museum, the broad, MOCA, Third Street Promenade are the coolest places for art and architecture bugs. There are lots of street performers that make the atmosphere lively and fun.
- Houston: Houston being one of the most populous cities of USA is the home to the renowned Houston Grand Opera with its 19th-century architecture and restaurants marking the historic district with millions of visitors every year. The very famous being the Orange show and the art car parade because there’s nothing like it on the globe. Other prominent places indulging a lot of traffic in Texas every year includes the Art Car Museum, Contemporary art museum, The Menil Collection, Space Center Houston, Lawndale Art Center and the Buffalo Bayou Park. There are many more that are listed below:
- North Carolina: North Carolina is the place where outdoor dramas were born, this place also homes the nation’s oldest folk school and has the patent of largest poetry community with almost half the population reciting poems. North Carolina indeed has something for every traveler. It is a blessed with beautiful beaches, stunning mountain scenery and plenty of Old South charm. If you are an adventurous person, you can enjoy hiking, mountain climbing, skiing and other sports activities here. The best attractions of the city include Blue Ridge Parkway, The Biltmore Estate, North Carolina Aquarium and zoo and finally the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences.
- Chicago: Although the City is known to be the hub of finance, commerce, technology, Industry, and telecommunications it leaves no stone unturned to impress us with the artistic taste of the city. The Chicago Symphony Orchestra (CSO) performs at Symphony Center and is recognized as one of the best orchestras in the world. Chicago also has some unbelievable kickass modern art collection museums with a modern wing keeping in mind the traditional hues and great architecture inside out. The best museums that await your presence are The Art Institute of Chicago, Museum of Contemporary Art, Chicago cultural center, Millenium Park, Modern wing and Cloud gate which are the home of the best art in the city.
- Santa Fe, Mexico: Santa Fe, the Tomorrowland of Mexico is a fancy place with corporate skyscrapers and luxe restaurants. The location is famous for its global chain hotels, college campus and the biggest shopping mall of Latin America, i.e. Centro Santa Fe. Santa Fe has been gradually shifting the center of gravity of the contemporary art scene to the revamped Railyard district, thanks to its superb biennial which is flooded with end no. of art galleries, museums, and plazas for all artistic souls. The best art museums of all times are Meow Wolf, Georgia O’Keeffe Museum, Museum of International Folk art, Keshi Art and Craft store, Wheelwright Museum and the list continues.
- Washington DC: Apart from being the home to America’s three branches of federal government, this place is also known as the national center of arts. The city is something which every art lover must visit in its lifetime at least once, as it shelters many historical museums and performing arts locus of bubbly artists such as the Kennedy Center. The spotlight of the city is the free Art galleries and museums which a person with the minimalist budget can explore too. The funk high on art U Street parade will make you groove your toes on their beats and is a must try. The exuberant and ravishing all nights festivals are icing on the cake where everything from music to art to paintings is shown in public and private places. Other being Washington Monument, National gallery of art, International spy museum, white house and Escape art DC- Escape room.
San Francisco: San Francisco is a golden city, pretty by its bay. San Francisco, The city is known for its distinctive skyscraper, golden gate bridge and cold shivering nights. It’s one of the most beautiful cities of America and is known to be a treasure of fascinating, provocative & colorful murals! The city is flooded with uber cool artistic places that catch the eye of the visitor and give them some great snaps to cherish for life. The prime places to visit is definitely Clarion Valley with fantastic street art that can lit up your feed, others topping the list are San Francisco Museum of modern art, 111 Minna Gallery, Balmy alley, Minnesota street Projects gallery, de young museum and many more listed below. San Francisco definitely deserves to be at spot 1 on our list.